Author(s): Dr Walter C Kaiser, Jr.
A faithful and edifying exposition of key chapters in the Bible that speak of the glories of creation, including Genesis 1:1 2:3, 2:4 25, Psalms 8 & 19, 29, 33, 104, 148, Job 38, Isaiah 65 & 66, Proverbs 8, and selected passages from the New Testament. The volume provides interesting parallels between the old creation and the new (i.e., redemption). The study includes study questions and discussion starters, making ideal for group Bible study, in addition to being an insightful and enriching tool for pastors doing a series of sermons on creation."
Walter C. Kaiser Jr. is president emeritus and Colman Mockler Distinguished Professor of Old Testament at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He has written numerous articles and more than thirty books including "Recovering the Unity of the Bible, Toward an Exegetical Theology," and "Hard Sayings of the Old Testament."
1. Wisdom Was There Before God Created the World Proverbs 3:19–20 & 8:22–31
2. In the Beginning God Created the Universe Genesis 1
3. A Garden for Adam and Eve Genesis 2:4–25
4. A Divine Ode to Creation Psalm 104
5. How Magnificent Is God’s Name in All the Earth Psalms 8 & 19:1–6
6. The Lord of the Seven Thunders Psalm 29
7. Creation by the Word of God Psalm 33:6–13
8. The Noise of Heaven and Earth! Psalm 148
9. Getting the Facts Straight about God and Creation Job 38–39
10. Jesus and the New Genesis Advent Matthew 1:1–17
11. The New Heavens and the New Earth Isaiah 65:17–25 & 66:22–24
12. Our New Creation Confidence for Proclamation and Living 2 Corinthians 4:6 & 5:17