Author(s): Alan Stewart
Do you lead a Christian youth group? If so, No Guts No Glory is for you. Ken Moser, Ed Vaughan and Al Stewart have put together material to help you build a youth group that lasts—that is, a group that is committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and looks forward to spending eternity with him. They write from the conviction that young people can be changed as they come into contact with this Jesus in the living Word of God.
The aim of the book is to encourage you to think carefully and biblically about what you are doing with your youth group. The authors hope that you will be stimulated to teach the Bible, to encourage evangelism and to make disciples.
How to use this book
1. Where are all the young people?
2. The paradox of youth ministry: What are we aiming for?
3. Prayerfully teaching the Bible: The youth leader’s basic task
4. How to avoid punching the air: Setting goals and achieving them
5. The when and how of youth work: Successful programming
6. In search of the perfect haircut: Choosing youth leaders
7. Multiplying yourself: Growing the ministry team
8. Flat out like lizards: A strategy for evangelism
9. Friends and foes: Parents, discipline and games
10. Mountain-top experiences: Making the most of camps
11. Confessions of a youth leader: Sex in your youth group