Five: The Solas of the Reformation
25+ in stock
What are the five solas?
Why do they matter?
Are they biblical?
How do they apply to me?
Five: The Solas of the Reformation, by S. D. Ellison, is a primer written to introduce readers to the glorious truths of the Reformation. This book will guide people through the historical and biblical basis for each of the Solas: Sola Gratia (Grace Alone), Sola Fide (Faith Alone), Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone), Solus Christus (Christ Alone), and Soli Deo Gloria (Glory to God Alone). However, just as importantly, Five: The Solas of the Reformation will show how these great reformational truths can be applied to our own lives.
- "Our contemporary culture doesn’t really like to use the word alone. We don’t like exclusive claims. And yet Davy Ellison shows us how beautiful it is to understand five ways this word alone secures true redemption. Travel with him through history and God’s word to delight in what alone will bring you joy today."
- Aimee Byrd | Author of No Little Women and Theological Fitness, cohost of Mortification of Spin
- "The Reformation was a mighty movement whereby foundational Gospel truths were recovered for the vitality of God’s church. This book provides a helpful introductory window into five of these beautiful truths and should thus be a great help to many."
- Rev. Dr. Mark Earngey | Lecturer in Christian Thought, Moore Theological College, Sydney, Australia
- "Ellison collaborates with a chorus of voices from the past to clarify and illustrate truths that Christians have held dear for hundreds of years. This primer on the five solas is no dry history lesson, but is relevant to every believer. Many of us have our lives shaken by the storms of theological controversies, sin struggles, or recurring doubts, and we need to be reminded that our faith has a solid foundation."
- Gloria Furman | Author of Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full and Missional Motherhood