What does the Bible say about conflict resolution?
Nobody likes conflict, especially when both parties are "part of the same team." Unresolved conflict can lead to missionary attrition, but healthy conflict-resolution can be a wonderful growth opportunity, leading to problem-solving and team-building.
In Managing Conflict Creatively, Dr. Palmer first introduces the dynamics of conflict and the common styles of conflict management. After providing a Biblical background, he then identifies types of conflict and how to develop conflict management skills, specifically in cross-cultural situations. Lose your fear of conflict as you walk through case studies, engage in discussion questions, and learn to:
- Identify the stages of conflict and steps of healthy problem solving
- Encourage healthy conflict resolution in its early stages
- Identify your personal conflict style and the characteristics of an effective moderator
- Overreact less amid conflict
- Consciously choose a conflict-resolution style tailored to each situation
- Disagree well and resolve conflicts and misunderstandings without harming your witness
- Manage conflict in positive ways that foster growth and collaboration
This manual is intended to serve as a teaching tool and a study guide for cross-cultural conflict management courses in Bible colleges, mission organizations, and churches. Thirty years after its original publication, this practical, Bible-centered approach to the dynamics of conflict and conflict management in cross-cultural situations remains relevant, both abroad and in today's hybrid cities.
Subscribe to get special offers, news and updates:
The pandemic continues to disrupt events in early 2022.
We appreciate your ongoing support for our ministry.
Please stay connected via our email newsletter: